Find out why everyone has gone crazy for Scenic Rim camels
It’s official – camel fever has hit the Scenic Rim!
Everyone has gone crazy for camels, and we can understand why.
Summer Land Camels is Australia’s first commercial-scale camel dairy farm, and it’s located at Harrisville, just a short drive from Brisbane.
The team at Summer Land Camels catch camels wild in remote Australia and relocate them to their Scenic Rim farm, where they are introduced into the milking herd.
When you visit Summer Land Camel farm you can meet the camels, see them being milked, pat them and even ride them!
The crew at Summer Land Camel Dairy are constantly thinking of ways they can incorporate the nutritious milk into everyday products. So far they’ve developed an award-winning camel Persian feta, camel sirloin steak, camel milk, camel gelato and even a camel milk skincare range.
But wait, what about the vokda? Yes that’s right, Summer Land Camel Dairy and Flinders Peak Winery have put their heads together to create an amazing small-batch Camel Milk and Honey Vodka!
The official vodka launch will happen during Scenic Rim Eat Local Week on July 5 at Canapes and Cocktails at Summer Land Camels.
See what everyone else is saying about Summer Land Camels:
- ABC Brisbane breakfast hosts Rebecca Levingston and Craig Zonca gave us a virtual taste of camel sirloin, and had ABC Landline host Pip Courtney, Alice Gorman, Loretta Ryan and Alison Alexander all talking about their impressions of the meat
- The 97.3 breakfast crew talked about them on the radio after we showed them around
- Visit Brisbane gave the camels a plug on Instagram, using a cute pic from our very own Genevieve Windley!
- There’s a beautiful 5-page spread about Summer Land Camels in the June edition of Country Style magazine
- Anticipation is building for the official launch of the camel milk and honey vodka: