https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Worendo-Cottages-by-Trevor-Worden-for-SRRC-Nov-2014.jpg.jpg 2126 3195 Alice Gorman https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/visit-scenic-rim-logo.png Alice Gorman2020-02-05 02:02:252020-02-11 03:00:1214 Scenic spots for romance
Romance in our DNA – the Scenic Rim is made for love.
You’ll fall in love with our stunning views, open fires, cosy cabins, gorgeous B&Bs and luxurious mountain lodges.
Try these 14 scenic ideas for romance.
- Escape to O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat on a scenic plateau in the Lamington National Park. Day spa, rainforest walks, hearty meals, drinks by the fire … you won’t want to leave.
- Treat yourself to a glamping experience. Get a luxurious taste of the outdoors at Nightfall Camp, Ketchup’s Bank Glamping and Tucker’s Retreat.
- For the ultimate romantic escape check into Spicers Peak Lodge. Go for a meal or stay for the weekend. Want something more low-key? Try Spicers Canopy, a fabulous glamping facility nearby.
- Pether’s Rainforest Retreat feels like a world away, but in fact it’s an easy drive from the Gold Coast and Brisbane. This Tamborine Mountain rainforest retreat will refresh your romance.
- Get away from it all in the Lost World. Stay at Worendo Cottages and enjoy delicious local food and wine and enjoy the sounds of silence.
- Book into couple’s getaway at The Bunyip Retreat. It’s located at the base of Mt French and has gorgeous views over the fertile Fassifern Valley. Settle in for a weekend of relaxation, swimming, peace and great food and wine.
- Okay so everyone loves to receive flowers on Valentine’s Day and we’ve got some fantastic local florists and flower merchants in the Scenic Rim. Check out Lydia’s Garden at My Country Escape in Canungra, or follow @dearagnesthevintagecaravan on Instagram!
- Jump in the car and head to Kooroomba Vineyard and Lavender Farm, just outside Boonah. Book in for a lazy lunch (with a generous side of amazing views), enjoy the local wine and take a stroll through the fragrant rows of lavender. On your way there or home stop in the town of Boonah for a coffee and some country shopping.
- Enjoy a cosy retreat at a Scenic Rim country cottage or bed and breakfast. We love Country Mile Escape, Greenlee Farm & Cottages, Avocado Sunset, Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages, The Old Church and Wallaby Ridge Retreat.
- Treat your love to a Scenic Rim wine experience. Drop into The Overflow Estate 1895 or Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard. Closer to the coast? Call in to Canungra Valley Vineyards, or head up to Tamborine Mountain and stop at the Witches Falls Winery, Heritage Wines and Cedar Creek Estate Vineyard and Winery.
- Is the love of your life a thrill seeker? Take them zip lining on Tamborine Mountain at the award-winning Treetop Challenge. Choose from more than 100 adrenalin-pumping challenges, including 11 zip lines and a number of suspended bridges, spread across nine-acres. Or check out the Tamborine Mountain Rainforest Skywalk for something a little more subdued.
- Take a Drayhorse Shires Winery & Brewery Tour with your partner for a memorable experience. Along the way you’ll enjoy Scenic Rim cheese and wine, an a la carte lunch and stunning views from the open carriage. Wow!
- Escape the crowds, breathe in the fresh air and reconnect on a stunning Scenic Rim walking trail. Check out Spicers Scenic Rim Trail, the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park near O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat and Queensland’s first national park, Tamborine National Park.
- Have a Scenic Rim picnic. Drop into The Big Pumpkin, Beaudesert or Oppy’s Fruit and Veg to fill your esky with local goodies. Drop into a local winery cellar door or a craft brewery, for some refreshments and then choose your picnic location. We love Lake Moogerah, Lake Wyaralong and Hang Gliders Lookout on Tamborine Mountain.