Shop local: 25 Scenic Rim gift ideas
Shop local and give your friends and family a gorgeous Scenic Rim present.
Unique gifts, amazing produce and memorable experiences are available right across the region.
Plus, when you shop in the Scenic Rim you get to have an authentic local shopping experience while also brightening someone’s day, and helping our region get through tough times of drought and bushfires!
Browse our gift guide and stock up on beautiful Scenic Rim gifts.
- Go into an actual shop! For beautiful gifts, check out My Country Escape, Canungra Books & Art and The Shoe Vault in Canungra, The Shed Cafe in Rathdowney, The Story Tree, Duck Junction, Far Outdoors , The Picnic Parlour and Maynards Store in Boonah, Mountain House Co, Under the Greenwood Tree and Bygone Days on Tamborine Mountain, Elegance & Grace and BMK.Collective in Kalbar and Kalico Country, Gift and Garden by Beauy View and Mitre 10 in Beaudesert.
- Garden kit from Beaudesert business, Hello Fiore, using their own Little Diggers seed mix. It’s perfect for all ages and includes everything you need all packaged neatly in a box.
- Scenic Rim EAT LOCAL Cookbook by Brenda Fawdon and Christine Sharp, featuring Scenic Rim makers, growers and producers.
- Book a walking holiday. Beechmont-based guiding company interNATIONALPARKtours offer walking holidays locally and around the world, Boonah-based Horizon Guides offer walking holidays locally and interstate and Mt Barney Lodge is selling amazing hiking experiences for 2020.
- Craft beer pack from Scenic Rim Brewery Mt Alford or Fortitude Brewing Co. Tamborine Mountain.
- Have them buzzing with a gift from Little Bee’s Secret Garden! Alex is passionate about all things native bees, and you can shop her range online or in-store at Canungra. She offers workshops, too!
- Voucher for a cheese making workshop at Towri Sheep Cheeses
- Shop the Native Australian Flora range from Tamborine Mountain Distillery
- Treat your loved ones’ skin to Summer Land Camels skin care.
- Buy them a cooking class with Kooroomba Gully! Click here for all the amazing classes coming up with Caz.
- Get a Worendo Cottages gift voucher! New events include spectacular dinners featuring local produce, art retreats and trail running.
- Buy refreshing Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard Verjuice of the Scenic Rim, and choose from their amazing range of wines.
- Treat someone to lunch at the stunning Kooroomba Vineyard & Lavender Farm.
- Treat your loved on to some pampering! Whether they love a good manicure, or maybe a facial, a yoga session or a day at the spa, there are talented beauty and well being professionals across the Scenic Rim. Take your pick from the likes of Beauty by Tilly and Fassifern Hair, Beauty and Massage at Kalbar through to Nujaree Thai Massage at Boonah, Canungra Yoga and Canungra Beauty and Acupuncture in Canungra, Ripple Massage on Tamborine Mountain and O’Reilly’s Lost World Spa.
- Buy a bottle of wine! We’ve got heaps of local cellar doors and vineyards to choose from. Check out Witches Falls Winery and Hampton Estate Wines on Tamborine Mountain, O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyard and Sarabah Estate Vineyard at Canungra, The Overflow Estate 1895 near Beaudesert and Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard near Boonah. Click here for more cellar doors in the Scenic Rim.
- Give the gift of butter. Select from Tommerup’s Dairy Farm’s incredible Jersey Girl artisan dairy range, produced by hand by Farmer Kay in their on-farm creamery! There’s also buttermilk, cream and crème fraîche AND amazing ice cream made in collaboration with Lick Ice Cream! Phone Tommerup’s to collect direct from their farm larder, or check if The Big Pumpkin, Beaudesert has any in stock! (be warned, it sells out quickly)
- Got a sporty mate? Book them in for a trail running or mountain biking event in the Scenic Rim with On the Edge Events.
- Book them a hot air balloon flight over the Scenic Rim with Hot Air Balloon Gold Coast for an experience they’ll never forget!
- Book a robotic dairy tour with Farmer Gregie and the crew from Scenic Rim 4Real Milk!
- Give the gift of caffeine. Buy fresh, local award-winning coffee beans from Tamborine Mountain Coffee Plantation! Buy a bag from their on-site coffee house, and get it ground to perfection on the spot.
- Treat your friends and family to unique, local art. Check out BADCAP – Scenic Rim Public Arts‘ new venue, ‘The House’, opening from 14 December 2019 at 100 Brisbane Street, Beaudesert, Beechmont landscape artist Dave Groom, The Centre, Beaudesert, Boonah Cultural Centre and the local Visitor Information Centres on Tamborine Mountain and in Beaudesert, Boonah, Rathdowney and Canungra to find just some of the amazing local pieces available for purchase.
- Book a horse riding adventure for your friends and family to explore the Scenic Rim on horseback! Check out these spots to go horse riding in the Scenic Rim.
- Go all out and shout your mates to a Scenic Rim getaway! We’ve got camping and glamping, farmstays, bed and breakfasts, retreats and lodges and cute as a button cottages. Mt Barney Lodge even does gift vouchers!
- Get a bit nutty! Buy your friends a Greenlee Farm Macadamia Tour!
- Send your mates off for an adrenaline hit at Treetop Challenge, Tamborine Mountain. There are ziplines and ropes courses to suit every age and ability!
Hot local tip: keep an eye out for Buy Local Christmas 2019 collection boxes around the Scenic Rim for your chance to win $1000 cash!
State Member for Scenic Rim Jon Krause and Federal Member for Wright Scott Buchholz are running the Buy Local Christmas 2019 competition with local Chambers of Commerce to support local businesses in the drought and following recent bushfires.
To enter, simply write your name and number on the back of a receipt from a local business from early December until Christmas and place them in a collection box around the Scenic Rim!