14 Scenic spots for romance
Romance in our DNA – the Scenic Rim is made for love.
You’ll fall in love with our stunning views, open fires, cosy cabins, gorgeous B&Bs and luxurious mountain lodges.
Try these 14 scenic ideas for romance.
- Retreat to O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat on a scenic plateau in the Lamington National Park. Day spa, rainforest walks, hearty meals, drinks by the fire … you won’t want to leave.
- Luxuriate in a Binna Burra Sky Lodge. Think fireside chats over wine and killer views.
- For the ultimate romantic escape check into Spicers Peak Lodge. Go for a meal or stay for the weekend. Want something more low-key? Try Spicers Canopy, a fabulous glamping facility nearby.
- Pether’s Rainforest Retreat feels like a world away, but in fact it’s an easy drive from the Gold Coast and Brisbane. This Tamborine Mountain rainforest retreat will refresh your romance.
- Get away from it all in the Lost World. Stay at Worendo Cottages and enjoy delicious local food and wine and enjoy the sounds of silence.
- Book into couple’s retreat, the Mt French Lodge. It’s located at the base of Mt French and enjoys comprehensive views over the fertile Fassifern Valley. Settle in for a weekend of relaxation, swimming, peace and great food and wine.
- Okay so Valentine’s Day is traditionally about roses but this year let’s take things up a notch. Take your love to a rose farm where they can have all the roses. Barton’s Rose Farm at Kalbar will delight all of your senses. Clear the car boot and take your favourites home.
- Jump in the car and head to Kooroomba Vineyard and Lavender Farm, just outside Boonah. Book in for a lazy lunch (with a generous side of amazing views), enjoy the local wine and take a stroll through the fragrant rows of lavender. On your way there or home stop in the town of Boonah for a coffee and some country shopping.
- Enjoy a cosy retreat at a Scenic Rim Bed & Breakfast. We love Avocado Sunset, Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages, The Old Church and Wallaby Ridge Retreat.
- Treat your love to a Scenic Rim wine experience. Call in to Canungra Valley Vineyards, or head up to Tamborine Mountain and stop at the Witches Falls Winery, Heritage Wines and Cedar Creek Estate Vineyard and Winery. Out Beaudesert way? Drop into The Overflow Estate 1895.
- Is the love of your life a thrill seeker? Take them zip lining on Tamborine Mountain at the award-winning Treetop Challenge. Choose from more than 100 adrenalin-pumping challenges, including 11 zip lines and a number of suspended bridges, spread across nine-acres.
- Take a Drayhorse Shires Winery & Brewery Tour with your partner for a memorable experience. Along the way you’ll enjoy Scenic Rim cheese and wine, an a la carte lunch and stunning views from the open carriage. Wow!
- Escape the crowds, breathe in the fresh air and reconnect on a stunning Scenic Rim walking trail. Here’s some amazing scenic walking ideas to help you plan.
- Pack your own Scenic Rim Picnic. Drop into The Vintage Pickle Tamborine Mountain and choose from the wide range of local produce. Drop into a local winery cellar door or a craft brewery, for some refreshments and then choose your picnic location. We love the Hang Gliders Lookout in Robert Sowter Park, Tamborine Mountain.