https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Finchfamily-3343.jpg 683 1024 Alice Gorman https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/visit-scenic-rim-logo.png Alice Gorman2017-07-02 08:36:082017-06-30 08:36:27Go Scenic for school holidays
There’s still another week of school holidays and parents we know what that means.
Parents, you’re looking for inspiration!
Here are five of our favourite family friendly Scenic Rim holiday activities – and the best news, they won’t break the bank!
- Let’s walk: The Scenic Rim is home to six National Parks and hundreds of spectacular walks. There’s a walk to suit most age groups and fitness levels. Some of our favourites include the Mt Edwards Track which starts at the Moogerah Dam wall, the Tamborine National Park walking tracks, the Rainforest Circuit walk in the Main Range National Park and the Mee-bor-rum Circuit in the Mount French section of the Moogerah Peaks National Park. Local’s knowledge is invaluable so stop in at a Visitor Information Centre or local outdoor adventure shop before you go walking.
- Farm Tours: The farm fun doesn’t stop just because Eat Local Week is over. A number of farms are open to the public year-round, including Summerland Camel Farm, Scenic Rim Robotic Dairy, Tommerup’s Dairy Farm, Ayton Farm, Allamburra Organics and the Naughty Little Kids Goat Farm.
- Go camping: Sure it’s a little bit chilly at this time of year but if you rug up you’ll have a blast, camping out in one of the local camping grounds. You’ll find some great ones in the local national parks and on the banks of our lakes – Moogerah, Maroon and Wyaralong. Drop a line while you’re there. Mt Barney Lodge, Binna Burra Mountain Lodge and O’Reillys Rainforest Retreat also offer low-cost camping facilities, as well as cabin accommodation for those who enjoy a little more comfort.
- Hit the books: The Scenic Rim’s libraries are open all week and the staff are ready to welcome you and help you discover some new adventures on the well-stocked bookshelves.
- Holiday Programs: Sometimes the best way to manage the school holidays is to outsource the entertainment to the experts. Luckily the Scenic Rim is home to some amazing kid wranglers, who will have them climbing, jumping and leaping into holiday fun. Check out the holiday programs at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, Binna Burra Mountain Lodge, Mt Barney Lodge and Thunderbird Park.