‘Tis the season to be eating and drinking, and when you’re in the Scenic Rim that’s easy to do!
This bountiful region produces a smorgasbord of amazing fresh produce, wines, cheeses, meat, vegetables and so much more.
Make yours a very local Christmas with help from the new Eat Local Scenic Rim accreditation program and website.
Eat Local Scenic Rim brings together the many places in the region, as well as Brisbane and the Gold Coast, where you can find, taste, buy and connect with Scenic Rim food and drinks.
And if you need some creative kitchen inspiration, pick-up a copy of the latest Eat Local Food Farming & Conversation in the Scenic Rim Cookbook, by Scenic Rim creatives Brenda Fawdon and Christine Sharp. The book profiles local producers and incorporates their ingredients in some delicious recipes.
Put these Scenic Rim products on your Christmas menu.
- Coffee Beans, Green Lane Coffee, Tamborine Mountain
- Digga’s Pale Ale, Scenic Rim Brewery, Mount Alford
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Scenic Rim Olives, Roadvale
- Wild Ferment Chardonnay, Witches Falls Winery, Tamborine Mountain
- Macadamia Nuts, Greenlee Farm, Canungra
- Raw Honey, Greenlee Farm, Canungra
- Small Batch Gin, Flinders Peak Winery, Peak Crossing
- Free Range Eggs, Pure Country Eggs, Beaudesert
- Lemon Myrtle Vodka, Tamborine Mountain Distillery, Tamborine Mountain
- Organic Honey, Dewar Honey, Moogerah
- Gelato, Naughty Little Kids, Peak Crossing
- Olives, Scenic Rim Olives, Roadvale
- Olives, Rathlogan Grove, Rathdowney
- Kalfresh Carrot Bread, Arthur Clive’s Family Bakery, Boonah & Aratula
- Black Ash Triple Cream Brie, Pure Artisan Cheese, Tamborine Mountain
- 4Real Milk, Scenic Rim 4Real Milk, Tamrookum
- Verjuice, Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard, Bunjurgen
- Camel Persian Feta, Summer Land Camel Farm, Harrisville
Feeling inspired? Try this festive Verjuice Vacherin recipe by Brenda Fawdon, from the Eat Local Cookbook.