Discover your inner farmer and have an authentic farm stay experience in the Scenic Rim, just one hour from Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
The Scenic Rim is home to some amazing farmers, who open their farm gate and invite visitors to feed the animals, milk the cows, meet the camels and pick the vegetables.
The whole family will love visiting these farms. And of course, there are heaps more accommodation options in the Scenic Rim including cabins and cottages, more farm stays, camping or glamping and B&Bs.
- Tommerup’s Dairy Farm & Farm StayVisit this sixth-generation dairy farm in the spectacular Lost World and take a hands-on farm to fridge journey of your milk. Help Farmer Dave milk the cows, Farmer Kay feed the heritage pigs, wrangle the goats, calves and chooks and stock-up on some take-home goodies from the farm larder.Stay in one of two restored historic homesteads on the property.
- Scenic Rim 4Real Milk & Robotic DairyCows milked by robots? Yes really. This automated dairy uses milking robots to allow the cows to be milked at anytime of the day, whenever they feel like it. Farmer Gregie and the Dennis family lead regular farm tours of the milking shed and the on-farm bottling factory. Bring an esky and go home with some Scenic Rim 4Real Milk, cheese and yoghurt.
- Historic Cedar Glen Farmstay
Cedar Glen is a real working farm and has been a farmstay for more than 30 years. It’s situated in the foothills of the stunning Lost World section of the Lamington National Park. The Stpehns family has worked the cattle property for more than 100 years and enjoy sharing a slice of their farmlife with visitors. When you stay at Cedar Glen you can try birdwatching, swimming and bushwalking, as well as meet the resident farm animals. Stay in one of four historic cottages located on the farm.
- Summer Land CamelsThis is the Scenic Rim’s newest farm attraction and will open your eyes to these beautiful creatures. The camels are rescued from the wild in central Australia and brought to the Harrisville farm to enter the dairy herd. While you’re here see, the camels being milked in the dairy, try the milk, the ice-cream and go home with some hand and body products made from camel milk. Stay for coffee in the on-farm café.
- Towri Sheep CheesesCarolyn Davidson knows and loves sheep and she shares her passion with visitors to her farm, situated near Beaudesert. Carolyn runs regular cheese making workshops, as well as farm tours, where you can cuddle the sheep and lambs and learn how she makes her beautiful cheeses based on sheep’s milk. Her cheese is on the menu at some of Queensland’s leading restaurants. And yes there will be taste tests!
- Greenlee Macadamia and Honey FarmWhen you stay at Greenlee Farm Cottages you can relax on this scenic Canungra macadamia and honey farm and sample the produce from the comfort of your cottage. Robyn and Paul Lee enjoy sharing their taste of farm life with visitors. Walk through the macadamia orchard and learn more about how the Lee family grows, picks and packs macadamias and honey. Guests can order a basket of local goodies for breakfast and dinner and yes both will feature macadamias and honey!
- Milford Country CottagesThe whole family will be kept busy during your stay at Milford Country Cottages.You can feed the cows, calves, chicken, and horse; build your own camp fire and cook your own delicious camp oven while watching the sun go down.Your hosts, John and Lyn McLean, offer a country escape, with affordable and quality accommodation in fully self-contained 2 bedroom cottages.This property is perfect for couples to enjoy a romantic getaway, and is ideal for families to relax and explore. The 40 acres also has a collection of heritage horse drawn implements for you to explore.
- Tamborine Mountain Coffee Plantation
Here’s a tour for older kids who want to go beyond mum and dad’s morning cup of coffee. Take a tour of Tamborine Mountain Coffee Plantation and learn more about where the coffee beans come from.
Visit this Tamborine Mountain farm and find out what happens before the beans arrive in your kitchen. Tours available on Sundays by appointment only. Visit https://www.tamborinemountaincoffee.com.au/ to enquire.
- The Grove B & B Cottage – Scenic Rim Olives
Stay on a thriving olive grove in the Scenic Rim. The Grove B & B Cottage sleeps up to six people, and looks out over about 700 olive trees.
Scenic Rim Olives, which is home to The Grove B&B, is situated in Kulgun on the western side of the Scenic Rim. Visit www.scenicrimolives.com.au to book.
- Stay at Kirro – Ladybrook Farm
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Kerry Valley and have an authentic farm stay experience when you stay in the Kirro homestead at Ladybrook Farm in Darlington.
There’s plenty of room for the kids to run around, and you can even bring the dog. Find out more and book your stay at www.stayatkirro.com.au