Join the fifth annual Boonah Freedom Climb at Mt Edwards to help make a difference in the lives of women and children caught in human trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.
The ‘summit’ climb to the top of Mt Edwards and back will take about 3 hours to complete.
A shorter ‘mini’ climb to the first lookout is also available and takes about 1 hour to complete.
Participants under the age of 18 will require adult supervision at all times.
Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted to climb.
Please refer to the link for difficulty level of the climb and to self-assess your ability to participate.
The climb will run over 3 sessions, with 3 groups within each session:
Session 1 – 9:00am (summit climb)
- Group 1 – 9:00am climb departure
- Group 2 – 9:20am climb departure
- Group 3 – 9:30am climb departure
Session 2 – 10:00am (summit climb)
- Group 1 – 10:00am climb departure
- Group 2 – 10:20am climb departure
- Group 3 – 10:30am climb departure
Session 3 (summit & mini climb groups)
- Group 1 – 11:00am climb departure (summit climb)
- Group 2 – 11:20am climb departure (summit climb)
- Group 3 – 11:30am climb departure (mini climb – to first lookout only)
**You will need to arrive 1 hour before your session time to allow for check in & safely briefings**
For safety reasons there are limited spots, so registrations are essential.
If you would like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO BRING: (climbers are responsible for bringing the following items)
- Suitable enclosed footwear
- Sun protection (clothing, hat, and sunscreen)
- 2L drinking water (some will be available for purchase on the day BUT the tap water on site is NOT drinkable)
- Snack for during the 3 hour climb (some will be available for purchase on the day through the bake stall)
- Insect repellent
- Money for food, merchandise and kids activities
- Picnic rug/folding chair for relaxing after the climb
The team of volunteers behind Boonah Freedom Climb invite you to climb, sponsor a climber, or donate to the Ordinary Heroes™ Freedom Challenge project. Alternatively, if you feel you are able to donate goods for the day please contact them at email@example.com
There will be plenty of activities at base camp for those not climbing, so head along and support the climbers, and enjoy the festivities at base camp and help them raise valuable funds and awareness for those caught up in the atrocities of human trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.
- Kids Activity tent for a gold coin donation from 9am (adult supervision required)
- Face painting
- ‘Hand made by the Projects’ Stall
- Bake Stall
- Fresh Produce Stall
- Australian & Cambodian Food Stand
For information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please head to the Boonah Freedom Climb Facebook page and ‘like’ for updates leading up to the event and on climb day.
Haigh Park, Lake Moogerah,
Phone: Vicki 0438 008 260/ Tracey 0407 118 397