Summer holidays are great for road trips. The Scenic Rim is on your doorstep – just an hour’s drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast – and offers plenty of unique and exciting experiences.
We’ve pulled together some of our favourite road trips, listing all the best places to stop for food, drinks, coffee, shopping and a swim.
All you need to do is jump in the car and visit the Scenic Rim.
Which of our itineraries will you try?
- Boonah & Beyond: A 38km round trip that will take you to cafes, Boonah’s local shopping strip, historic country pubs, two wineries and a brewery!
- The Lions Road: A 96km journey from Beaudeesert to Kyogle, via the robotic dairy, Rathdowney, an olive grove and the incredible Border Ranges.
- Tamborine Mountain: Explore this gorgeous hilltop oasis on this 25km loop of all that is fabulous on the mountain, including breweries, cafes, gardens, rainforest skywalk, wine and a coffee plantation.
- Canungra Day Trip: Spend a whole lazy day exploring the village town of Canungra.
- Lodge to Lodge: Give yourself a few days and travel from one end of the Lamington Plateau to the other, stopping at two of the region’s most popular and historic mountain lodges.
- Antiques, Art and Camels: What a quirky day you’ll have when you visit the western Scenic Rim. We’re crafted a schedule to keep young and old happy – camel farm, antique shop and a winery.
- Cheese Pleaser: What makes a good road trip great? Cheese of course! Here’s a tour of the Scenic Rim’s amazing boutique cheesemakers and their farms.
- Boonah to Queens Mary Falls: One of the region’s most popular drives, which will take you along the NSW-QLD border into the lush pastures of Killarney.
- The Lost World: Explore this stunning southern part of the Scenic Rim which offers visitors the chance to tour working farms, take a cooking class, or refresh at a country pub.
- The Farm Gate Tour: Want to visit some working farms and get your hands dirty? This itinerary is for you. On this journey, you’re guaranteed to meet chooks, goats, sheep and camels!